How LUMINOR can Help - Drinking Water
What contaminants should I be concerned about?
If you’re looking for the best quality drinking water, you should look for as “pure” a water as is possible. Rain water, just leaving a cloud is the purest water that can be found in a natural state. Unfortunately, rain must fall through the atmosphere, land on the ground and find its way into an aquifer or lake before it is consumed. Along this journey, the rain picks up many contaminants such as both organic and inorganic pollutants, a variety of dissolved matter and quite possible microbiological contaminants. If you’re looking for “pure” drinking water, then the removal of these contaminants should be your goal.
Why not just use bottled water?
When most of us see bottled water on the store shelf, we automatically make the assumption that it is 100% pure water and nothing else. Unfortunately, that is simply not the case. Bottled water is just that....water in a bottle! Regulations require that the water be free from microbiological contamination, but there is a vast variation in the quality of the water and the level of dissolved substances that may actually be inside the bottle. The water may be drawn from the local municipality and possibly treated further, or it may come from a natural spring or well.
Homemade water that is better than bottled water!
Making “pure” water at home that is better than most bottled waters and costs but a fraction of the cost is actually easier than you may think. A reverse osmosis (RO) system incorporates numerous technologies in one treatment system that address most contaminant issues including, turbidity, volatile organic chemicals (VOC’s), taste & odour, as well as the reduction of total dissolved minerals that may be in your water. This home water treatment device provides you and your family with safe, great tasting water for pennies a day!
Benefits of RO water
There are many benefits of using RO water, here are just a few:
- RO produce clear, colourless water - universal acceptance.
- RO water contains few dissolved minerals or toxic substances.
- Dangerous substances, such as mercury, nitrates, and chromium can be removed by RO.
- Improves the taste of water for people who do not like the taste of dissolved mineral solids.
- Because sodium and potassium are removed, people on a medically prescribed sodium- or potassium-restricted diet will benefit by drinking RO water.
- RO water makes crystal clear, hard ice cubes.
- Friendly to the environment - no harmful chemicals produced during the treatment process.
- Uses no electrical power to create “pure” water.
- Compact footprint allows for installation flexibility.