How LUMINOR can Help - Sediment
Why is my water so unclear?
The lack of water clarity is caused by turbidity which can be seen as the cloudy, or hazy nature found in some waters and is caused by suspended particulate (solids) that are typically invisible to the human eye. Turbidity can be both organic and inorganic in nature and is a major issue when looking at filtration technology.
What is the source of sediment & particulate in drinking water?
Water is known as the universal solvent and as a result it has the ability to dissolve almost everything it comes in contact with (if given enough time). As a result of this and the quality of the water source, all unfiltered water contains varying degrees of suspended particles such as dirt and rust. Whether it be the miles of sludge filled pipes delivering your water, or the presence of ferric iron in your supply, turbidity is typically the resulting problem.
Sediment, dirt and rust can be easily removed from the water supply with the use of mechanical filtration. This mechanical filtration is provided by a filter housing that contains a filtration cartridge (element) that can be constructed form different materials depending on the amount of flow, level of filtration and total amount of turbidity that may be found in the water. These filters can be used on both point-of-use (POU) and point-of-entry (POE), however when looking to remove turbidity from the water, it is advisable to install a system that treats the entire house as turbidity can cause havoc with laundry, fixtures, porcelain and many other materials ad areas within the home.
Benefits of sediment filtration
There are many benefits of using filtration to remove sediment, here are just a few:
- Provides visually appealing drinking water by dirt & rust.
- Inexpensive to both own and maintain.
- Provides clean, clear water at a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
- Better for the environment - no wasted bottles by using bottled water.
- Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health.
- Provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children's developing immune systems.
- Water filters offer the last line of defence between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
- Can easily be installed by a competent homeowner.