Environmental Policy & Stewardship Statement
LUMINOR Environmental Inc. is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment consistent with the recycling strategy of “Reduce, Re-use, and Re-cycle”.
To accomplish this, LUMINOR will:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Adhere to the recycling standards set by appropriate industry associations such as International Association of Electronic Recyclers (IAER), the Electronic Product Stewardship of Canada (EPSC) and both the Federal & Provincial Ministry of Environment guidelines.
- LUMINOR will not export “e-waste” or hazardous materials.
- Advocate and support a national approach to electronic recycling legislation.
- Adhere to a “zero landfill policy” for hazardous materials that is in full compliance with Canadian Legal Disposal regulations.
- Develop and maintain options for re-use of electronic systems and components. Alternative processes for recycling and disposal will be implemented when re-use options are not practical.
- Offer our customers environmentally responsible end-of-life recycling services for all types of electronic equipment and ultraviolet lamps.
- Conduct regular site visits and maintain audit reports of suppliers and LUMINOR operations to ensure compliance with environmental standards and legal requirements.
- Provide customers and regulators a transparent process flow of the LUMINOR “downstream” recycling network. This network includes each supplier of recycling services to LUMINOR.
- Conserve natural resources by re-using and recycling materials and by using recyclable packaging materials wherever practical.
- Monitor provincial and federal legislation related to electronics recycling.
In addition to LUMINOR’s environmental policy, LUMINOR is a conscientious corporation who values the environment with specific emphasis on water quality and conservation. As a result, a portion of our profits will be donated to the organization, Water for People. Water for People works to build a world where all people have access to safe drinking water and sanitation, and where no one suffers or dies from a water- or sanitation - related disease. To view more of what Water For People stands for, we encourage you to visit them at www.waterforpeople.org.